Saturday, October 15, 2011

Discovery of Noisetrade

I know I haven't posted for a while, I've been a little busy. Not that I've stopped finding music. I had several posts in mind before the wedding and honeymoon, but I've already found newer stuff that I want to share now. I will try to keep up with once a month. We'll see how that goes.

So, my cousin, Toni, introduced me to the great website for free music, with the option to "tip", called Noisetrade. Her best friend's brother-in-law is an artist and his album was available on here. His band name is Daniel Ellsworth & the Great Lakes. The download is no longer available on Noisetrade, but you can download a free song to check it out and if you like it, buy the album for only $5.99 at their website. I really like the album and I think they have a promising future and sound. My only criticism would be that there is no defining sound besides his voice. They are kind of all over the map. It will probably be appreciated by fans of The Raconteurs, Ben Folds Five, and other such unlikely combinations. Here is their video for a really fun single off the album, "Shoe Fits".


Yesterday when I checked what was new on Noisetrade, I found Elliot Road's Dust Covered Man. Elliot Road is a brother duo with beautiful harmonies, wonderfully sparse guitar and banjo melodies, and great, romantic, relatable lyrics. They have been playing since 2003, and their sound is polished, but, because of the bare nature of the recording, sounds "of the moment". I would recommend to the fans of Avett Bros, Mumford and Sons, or the Civil Wars. Check out this live performance from the Witchata Sessions.


I'm always excited for feedback on the music or the blog. Can't wait to share more soon. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment